404 error: This page can't be found.
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:
- Make sure that the website address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
- If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the website administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted. Please give the URL for the page on which the broken link occurs.
- Use the navigation bar above to find the link you are looking for.
- Open the home page for the New Zealand Historic Places Trust (www.historic.org.nz) or site map and look for links to the information you want.
- If you are looking for information about the NZHPT's properties, this information was shifted to a site dedicated to these places (www.historicplaces.org.nz). Please open the home page for this site and look for links to the information you require. This site also has its own site map
- Click your browser's Back button to try another link.
- Use the search function at the top right hand corner of the page to search for the information you need.
- Browse the site.
Were you searching the Register?
Try these tips to help obtain a good result:
- Don't fill in all the search boxes, only those you want to search on.
- A maximum of 500 results will be displayed for any search. If you are conducting a large search, you may need to refine and repeat your query to obtain results e.g. search for all Category I places in Auckland rather than all Category I places.
- Once you have completed one or more of the search boxes, always use the grey "Search" button located at the bottom of the search form to run your search.
- Use the "tab" key to move between form fields, do not use the "enter" key. Using the "tab" key will also get you beyond any of the fields displaying predictive text that will help you search.
- You do not need to choose an option from the predictive text – simply tab to the next form field(s) or the "search" button.
- Partial words will return a result, e.g. "parlia" will find "parliament".
- Searches using one word will find whatever it is in the field, so "Church" will find both "St John’s Church" and "Church of Christ".
- Multiple words must be next to each other and in the correct order, e.g. to find "Canterbury Jockey Club" you will need to enter "Jockey Club" and not "Club Jockey".
- Do not use wild-cards or Boolean logic.